Support Our Work and Your Community by Becoming a CCB Member
CCB are an independent charity with over 40 years’ experience in community development work. We help people who live and work in Berkshire to make things better for themselves and for their community. We work with communities to develop, deliver and support projects and services which help people overcome challenges, improve their quality of life and strengthen communities in the county.
Rural communities in our county continue to face some formidable challenges. This makes the work of CCB more essential than ever. Cost of membership for a year is £30 for Parish & Town Councils/Voluntary Organisations or £15 for Individuals.
Our projects have a positive and long lasting effect on communities in Berkshire. In 2015-16 we were able to deliver the following outcomes:
• Work with communities to provide advice, guidance and input into producing Neighbourhood Development Plans. Our Rural Housing Adviser, Arlene Kersley, achieved special recognition for this work and is now a Locality Neighbourhood Planning Champion.
• We delivered a range of community focused training courses in rural areas that helped attendees with funding advice, how to use social media to promote their events and projects, how to recruit volunteers, produce Neighbourhood Development Plans, manage Trustees and much more.
• We provided a dedicated and specialist service to volunteers that run community buildings, ensuring that they are safe venues that comply with complex legislation – the Community Buildings Advice Service*
• We have continued to evidence the need for rural affordable housing for people with a local connection in their parishes by producing housing need surveys.
• We continued to provide training, advice and guidance on reducing energy costs, focusing particularly on those people at risk of fuel poverty.
• The *CCB Oil Club, a bulk-buying service continued to save our members money on the cost of heating their homes with oil
• We manage the *Berkshire Association of Local Councils (BALC) service which provides specialist advice, training and news to Clerks and Councillors of Parish and Town Councils.
• Trained and supported communities in Berkshire to create an emergency response flooding plan.
• Produce this monthly e-bulletin - ‘Action for All’ - full of funding information, local news and events.
The support of our members is vital to the success of a charity like ours. Membership is open to anyone who shares our aims and would like to further the work of our charity.
Every member can access the following benefits:
• Vote at our Annual General Meeting (1 vote per membership)
• Discounts and priority booking on our training courses and events
• An opportunity to become a Trustee on our Board
• Acknowledgement of your support in our Annual Review
• Enabling us to continue our core work to help communities identify, raise awareness of and help tackle local issues and priorities.
• Receive a monthly copy of our Action for All e-bulletin and the opportunity to promote your community news or events in it.
• And, of course, prompt access to the CCB team who will be available to meet with you to discuss any issues affecting your community.
Donations: Should you wish to donate to support the continuation of our work please visit our Just Giving page by clicking here: http://www.totalgiving.co.uk/charity/community-council-for-berkshire
Website created by hibu PLC